October is officially here so we wanted to share with you our most simple and delicious Fall recipe. This weeks featured Fuse recipe is so simple and delicious we’d hope you use it more than once this October.
Enjoy and email us at info@FuseFitnessStudio.com when you’re ready to start your fitness or weight loss journey:)
– 1 large spaghetti squash
– optional olive oil, pinch of salt, etc.
– 24 ounces of your favorite spaghetti sauce
Note that larger spaghetti squashes tend to yield sweeter strands. However, small ones will also work if they are all you can find.
1. Carefully cut the spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise.
2. Place the squash—flat sides up—in a baking pan. If desired, scoop the seeds out and brush the squash strands with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. You can opt to scoop the seeds out and season after baking if you prefer.
3. Place the pan on the middle rack in a non-preheated oven, then set the oven to 450 F. Large squashes will take around 40-50 minutes to roast fully, but very small ones may take less time, so it’s a good idea to check the squash after 20-30 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven, and scoop out the strands. (Be careful, it’s hot!)
5. Saute in a pan with your favorite sauce and add a cooked lean protein (optional, skip this if you want a vegetarian option) of choice (cooked ground turkey or chicken work well)