This salad wins the award of the most refreshing side dish ever! The combined essence of fennel and lemon give ordinary zucchini extraordinary flavor in this simple, invigorating salad. Consider it your new go-to side dish to enjoy with grilled steak or chicken.
Combine this clean salad with a customized Fuse workout for best results:)
Here’s what you need:
For the Squash and Fennel Salad
– 2 green zucchini
– 1 yellow squash
– 1 fennel bulb and fronds
– 1 teaspoon coarse salt
For the Lemony Dressing
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– ½ teaspoon lemon zest
– ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons fennel fronds, minced
– sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Use a veggie peeler to turn the zucchini and squash into long, flat noodles. Cut the fennel bulb in half, and then slice into thin half moons.
2. Throw the squash noodles and fennel slices into a large colander and sprinkle with the coarse salt. Mix the salt into the veggies and let sit for 20 minutes over a plate. Squeeze the veggies gently to release excess water and transfer to a salad bowl.
3. In a small bowl combine the dressing ingredients. Toss the dressing with the veggies and chill until serving. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 81 calories, 7g fat, 5g carbohydrate, 2g sugar, 489mg sodium, 2g fiber, and 1g protein.
As always, please email us at info@FuseFitnessStudio.com when you’re ready to start your fitness journey!
Fuse Training Team