While it may feel like summer is far away we all know it will be here before we know it. And with Spring arriving this week it’s the perfect time to prep for a leaner and stronger summer body. Take advantage our simple Chicken and Butternut Squash Salad since it has everything you need to jump start your new summer body TODAY!
Of course if you need help jump starting your fitness (toning, strength, cardio, etc.) for the summer please email the Fuse Training Team at info@FuseFitnessStudio.com so we can assist you with that! Your summer “Summer Body Prep [Recipe #2]” will be coming soon:)
Chicken and Butternut Squash Salad
Here’s what you need…
- 1 Butternut Squash, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 6 cups Arugula
- 2 cups leftover roasted chicken, chopped
- 5 Dates, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 avocado
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Cube the butternut squash and place in a large bowl. Toss it with the olive oil, cinnamon, paprika, cumin and sea salt.
- Spread over a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. Stir the squash and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Combine the squash and all of the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 109 calories, 10g fat, 3g carbohydrate, 28mg sodium, 1g sugar, 2g fiber, and 4g protein.