If we can be honest most “experts” make losing weight very complicated. They give you hundreds of ideas and new concepts to consider which only adds to the confusion. At Fuse Fitness Studio we always focus on making the body transformation process simple.
And yes, it can be simple. Sure, it takes some serious hard work and dedication but the process doesn’t have to be confusing. Here are 3 meals that are both simple and delicious for those seeking to shed some fat for summer 2018.
Keep it simple, be consistent and the results will follow every time…
Meal #1 Curried Cauliflower
This dish is filled with tender cauliflower, nutrient-dense spinach, sweet pickled pimento peppers, and plump garbanzo beans all swimming in a creamy, dreamy curry sauce. With a flavor this deep and satisfying, you may forget that it’s filled with all wholesome ingredients. Enjoy!
Here’s what you need
- 2 heads cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1 (15oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 5 oz bag of fresh baby spinach
- 1 (13.66oz) can coconut milk, full fat
- ½ cup pickled sweet pimento peppers, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the cauliflower florets and boil for 8 minutes, until fork tender. Drain and set aside. Wipe out the pot.
- Return the pot to medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, onion and garlic. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the curry powder and cauliflower florets and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garbanzo beans, chicken broth, spinach, coconut milk, pimentos, lime juice, salt and red pepper flakes. Mix well and reduce to low heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 185 calories, 8g fat, 17g carbohydrate, 4gg sugar, 169mg sodium, 7g fiber, and 8g protein.
MEAL #2 Super Simple Veggie Skillet
This mixture of tender veggies is perfect for packed meals for the week. The savory and tangy flavor element from the vinegar adds the perfect amount of kick to liven up a serving of protein.
Here’s what you need
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 2 bunches Asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch segments
- 4 cups white mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- ¼ cup white wine
- sea salt and black pepper
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the onion and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and sauté for another 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and vinegar and continue to sauté for another 4 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper and continue to sauté until the liquid is gone and the veggies are tender and flavorful. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 43 calories, 2g fat, 5g carbohydrate, 2g sugar, 4mg sodium, 2g fiber, and 3g protein.
MEAL #3 Chicken Lettuce Wraps
This is a truly guilt free meal! It’s fun to assemble and devour these lettuce wraps. Stick with simple meals like this that are comprised of lean meats and vegetables in order to favorably convert your body composition.
Here’s what you need
- 4 chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 cups white mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- 1 Tablespoon ginger root, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup coconut aminos (or light soy sauce)
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 head butter lettuce or iceberg lettuce
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the sesame oil and the chopped chicken. Cook until the pink is gone, then drain the skillet.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, garlic, pine nuts, ginger, green onions, salt and pepper. Sauté for 8 minutes.
- Combine the coconut aminos, coconut palm sugar and vinegar in a small bowl. Pour the sauce over the chicken mixture in the skillet. Mix well and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Serve with large lettuce leaves. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 219 calories, 10g fat, 13g carbohydrate, 80mg sodium, 8g sugar, 1g fiber, and 20g protein.
There you have it, 3 amazingly simple meals that are both effective and time efficient. Please email the Fuse Support Team at info@FuseFitnessStudio.com when you’re ready to start your body transformation.