As any personal trainer would agree, the list of benefits that come with exercising is extensive. That said, we wanted to give you the top 6 reasons to exercise in 2019. Yes, we’re already talking about 2019 since it will be here before you know it!
Here’s your top 6 reasons…
Reason #1 To Make You Move Like Your Younger Self
The proper exercises will allow you to move like you did a decade or maybe even decades ago. There’s nothing worse than getting out of bed feeling stiff and immobile. If you want a body that moves well and functions like a well-oiled machine, than finding the proper mobility and flexibility exercises are key! No one deserves to feel stiff and immobile every morning 🙂
Reason #2: To Alleviate Pain
Regular exercise is a great way to alleviate chronic muscle and joint pain. Persistent back pain can be lessened with the proper exercises. It amazes people when the chronic pain that they’ve lived with for years begins to fade after starting a regular exercise program. The truth is, the proper exercises can and will reduce annoying pains that come with getting older.
Reason #3: To Melt Fat Away
The most coveted side effect of exercise is, of course, losing fat. The combination of an appropriately challenging exercise routine and a balanced meal plan is the best-known way to lose fat. Both resistance training and cardiovascular work will place a key role in making sure you’re healthy and lean this coming year.
Reason #4: To Get Toned
One of the most common goals on the planet is to get a toned, lean body. And the only way to get the toned, athletic look is to shed fat and build lean muscle tissue. Resistance training will be key here since the only way to increase lean muscle tissue is through the proper resistance training. So, take this step very seriously since most people who don’t miss out on getting the strong and toned body they desire.
Reason #5: To Stay Young
Tim D. Spector, a professor of genetic epidemiology at King’s College in London, led a study on the effects of exercise on aging. The results were astounding. They found that exercise appears to slow the shriveling of the protective tips on bundles of genes inside cells (called telomeres), which means a slowing of the aging process.
Here’s the study in a nutshell:
- Telomeres cap the ends of chromosomes and every time a cell divides, the telomeres get shorter.
- Once a telomere gets too short, that cell can no longer divide.
- Aging occurs as more and more cells reach the end of their telomeres and die. This results in weakened muscles, skin wrinkles, loss of eyesight and hearing, organ failure and slowed metal functioning.
- The study analyzed the telomeres from the white bloods cells of twins over a 10-year period. Telomere length was used as a marker for the rate of biological aging.
- It was found that the length of telomeres was directly related to that twin’s activity level. “There was a gradient,” Spector said. “As the amount of exercise increased, the telomere length increased.”
- People who did 100 minutes of weekly exercise had telomeres that looked like those from someone about 5-6 years younger than those who did 16 minutes of exercise each week.
- People who did 3 hours of vigorous exercise each week had telomeres that looked like those from someone about 9 years younger.
Reason #6: To Feel Great
As you may have guessed, by (1) moving like your younger self, (2) alleviating pain, (3) melting unwanted fat away, (4) getting toned and (5) staying young you’re likely going to feel great! Not to mention, after a properly designed workout you should instantly feel better.
There you have it, the top 6 reasons to workout in 2019. Since 2019 is fast approaching it’s best to create a plan of action right now. And as always, if want to take all of the guess work out of getting a lean, strong and healthy body please contact us at info@FuseFitnessStudio.com so we can assist you.
Fuse Fitness Studio is a privately owned gym in the south hills of Pittsburgh that serves Mt. Lebanon, Upper St Clair, Bethel Park, South Park, Pleasant Hills, Castle Shannon and many others. If you’re looking for a professional personal trainer that will provide you with guaranteed results, look no further.